Firm

 
WB-aerial.jpg

Founded in 1954 by George S. Walters, one of the first practitioners of landscape architecture in Hawaii, Walters Kimura Motoda, Inc. under the guidance of Juli M. Kimura Walters, who retired in 1995, and Michael M. Motoda, who joined the firm in 1972 and currently serves as its president, continues its founder’s legacy of creating and adapting spaces that are aesthetically pleasing, acknowledge the uniqueness of the land and vegetation and recognize the importance of Hawaii’s multi- cultural influences on the built environment.

 

In 2012 Janine E. Mori and Myles Y. Nishida, who began working at the firm in 1989 and 1991 respectively, joined Mr. Motoda as partners.  Together they continue to apply their extensive knowledge of land, water and plant forms in solving site, environmental and sustainability issues through all facets of the design development process. The firm takes special pride in the fact that architects and other design professionals knowledgeable in the intricacies and subtleties of physical design are their principal clientele. 

 The firm has been in its current location for the past 27 years and employs a staff of 8.